Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Kitchens of India



India is one nation and we speak one language, the language of Compassion. As said by Albert Schweitzer  “The purpose of human life is to serve, and to show compassion and the will to help others.
Grade 5 students and teachers believe in it wholeheartedly.
Oakridge International School, Newton Campus, is celebrating this week as the “Incredible India Week”. India is a diverse country with many languages, cultures and regions. And variety of food is something we are very proud of. As a part of our celebration named “Incredible Kitchens of India” Grade V students got food items, a speciality of the region of India they belong to. The students shared them with the “aayas” and House- keeping staff, who help and support us all through the year.













Students Reflection 

The one thing that made me really happy is to see the smiles on the faces of the aayammas and housekeeping staff. It was one of the best moments I ever had in my whole life - Esha Myneni

I felt so happy when the aayammas took the food I got and smiled at me - Farhaan

It made me happy to see the aayammas happy. I wanted to thank them for all their help - Neha

The corridor was filled with happy, smiling faces. I hope they faces remain like that forever. It was an amazing experience - Kriti Tayel

Today we had to get a food item from the region we are from. We got food and served to the school worker and we were very happy to see that they were very happy to see that they were so happy. We were to participate in such a great event - Silpitha   

This week we are celebrating the Incredible India. In relation to that we did the Kitchen of India, we got delicious food to felicitate the ayammas and housekeeping. They enjoyed and I also had fun - Rithvik
 

No comments:

Post a Comment