Thursday, August 29, 2013

VISIT TO VIVEKANAND VIDHYALAYA



Reflections of grade 7 students

 

Me and my class all went to Vivekananda Vidhyalaya. We plan to teach them different activities that they could learn and be active children. The difference between us and them with regard to privileges is uncountable, but their IQ was amazing. We all were really proud of them that they knew a lot without any proper education and resources but there were few problems that we faced, such as communication problems. Since the children only knew Hindi, so we found it hard to communicate with them. We were able to teach them many subjects like maths, English, science, social studies, speaking etc.
During this visit personally, I have learnt how to place myself in their shoes and feel. I understood their problems and tried to solve them. In next visit I will try to be more interactive and help them in their speaking skills and all of this will help them to be great people - By Meshita Advani


Today I went to Vivekananda Vidhyala School, to share my knowledge with them since they had limited resources which couldn’t be useful for all.
The children there were enthusiastic, when my friend and I were teaching. I guess they didn’t feel the discrimination of rich- poor, or studying in a small school and not from a big school, because they we're so friendly, open and also shared their ideas without any hesitation. The classrooms were a bit congested and hard to move in. After visiting this school, I have realised that I have connected with them somewhere. For the next time (visit) I have decided to encourage, help and to teach the knowledge I have learnt and collected in my life. I shall show them a better future -  By Shriya

Today we had a CAS activity. We went to a school called Vivekananda Vidyalaya School. I taught them math. They were very happy to see us when we went to their school. The class I taught was grade 3. The students in the class were nice and quiet; they were attentive and could answer every question. They had more knowledge than I expected. Their school was smaller than ours because they had only till class 7. Even though, the school was small the knowledge they had was almost the knowledge we had when we were their age. They answer all the sums in seconds; I had to teach them in Hindi since they knew only a bit of English. At first when I started teaching them or to interact was tough, then slowly they started listening, answering and also having fun. I planned to teach them Maths and interact with them and I believe I have achieved it. I also was satisfied with the way I taught them. After this trip, the next time when I will go for this kind of activity I will teach them different subjects and even play a game related to the subject - By Sanjula.

Today we went to Vivekananda Vidhyalaya for a CAS project and I am very excited to share my experience with you. It was quite different from our School.  In Vivekananda school the students can talk in any language they want and the school is only till 7th Grade unlike ours which is  till 12th Grade. I am very happy to say that I didn’t face any problem interacting with the students. I had planned to conduct an art competition for the students and I conducted it very nicely. I enjoyed my visit and want to go again to Vivekananda School - By Geetanjali

No comments:

Post a Comment