Saturday, August 24, 2013

The HMUN Experience



The Harvard MUN was organized at the HICC Centre between 15 August to 18 August. There were 45 students one of the largest delegations from Oakridge Newton campus who  took part from Oakridge Newton campus.
The opening ceremony of the conference had Capt. Rohit Sen Bajaj as one of the keynote speakers. , Capt. Rohit Sen Bajaj, took over the stage and expressed his views on the success of the Model United Nations in changing the mindset and thought processes of students at all levels.
There were three students who received honorable mentions – Aditi Lakhtakia, Mounika Yepuri and Nikhil Jain.





Some reflections by students….


Adyasha Mohanty : As Delegate of India in UN Special Summit on Oil,  I participated in extremely engaging debates with my co-delegates over the three days, and the social events were a completely different way of knowing the 'person' behind the delegates. I was able to interact with people from all over the country and from across the border. Overall, HMUN India 2013 has changed my perspective of debating and I have fallen in love with MUNning...

Keerthana Bondugula: HMUN was a wonderful experience. I got to meet new people, get exposed to different cultures, and learned so much about the MUN procedures. The topics for the committees are also very recent and I feel more involved in today's society.

Nikhil Jain: "Harvard MUN 2013 was one groundbreaking experience that has changed the way I speak, debate, interact, and solve problems along the course of discussions, resolutions and meetings. These invigorating activities were accompanied, of course, by the fun factor- a brilliant talent show, a global display, a dance event, and speeches by some of the most eminent personalities of our nation. Friends, teachers, committee directors, and fellow delegates boosted my confidence and encouraged me to perform really well, such that I emerged a winner of the Honorable Mention award for my committee. I had a fantastic time all in all, and look forward to all such student conferences, that I believe to be the first steps in learning how to change the world. HMUN 2014, look out for me!"

Ankur Gupta: It has been a most interesting and thought-provoking experience for me. I loved the immense enthusiasm & energy that the HMUN environment had & it has been a refreshing change from our school routine. I enjoyed interacting with some of the other delegates and the sessions of the DISEC were informative as well as cool. I’m sure I shall want to be part of this again next year, sure enough!
 I participated in the HMUN “India Has got Talent” – the social evening was a good fun occasion where I loved to perform.
Opportunities like these truly give students the extra edge to mold their personalities. Happy MUNning to all of you!!!!!

Ridhi Reddy: Although HMUN wasn’t my first MUN, I learned a lot more in this one than any other MUN I’ve been to. Although I did not win any award, I gained some invaluable experience that will definitely help me in the future and I made unforgettable memories as well.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment