Saturday, August 24, 2013

CAS REFLECTIONS OF GRADE VII



On the 20th of August I visited Vivekananda Vidyalaya. I was so excited about the trip that before we even set foot on the bus, I was already planning what I would teach the children. I planned to teach them English. When I got there, I was assigned a batch of students and we had lots of fun playing games and learning more about each other. The outcomes for me and my team was that we learnt a lot from the children, like being grateful for everything we have, and we also learnt how hard it is to teach children! This activity benefited all of the students there as they learnt more English, Maths and had a great time. My goal was to teach the students and to learn from them as well. I achieved my goal. My class teacher, Shymala Ma’am helped me by providing unique ideas which I used very much. Though I had a very good time, I feel that I need to improve on how I communicated with the kids there. I learnt that our city has many development issues, like no lighting in the classrooms, etc. If we all work together, we can overcome such difficulties - Ishaa Dhamne
 
Teaching at school is not as easy as you think! It was truly a wonderful experience. I had not known about this activity until the day before. Thus, I, I couldn’t plan anything. All I knew I was going to teach a subject not art or games. But when we went there thing turned around. First I was paired with Kavya for 1 hour and second for one and half hour with Vedika, two of close friends. Kavya and I went to class and taught art and English and then I went to Grade one class and thought Addition. All the children liked us, they benefited with knowledge and so was I with a teaching experience. I learnt How to undertake a new challenge ‘Teaching’ and was satisfied with my teaching. Kavya and Vedika were very helpful. I should have bought gifts for them be happier. I learnt that we should be very grateful to our parents and teachers for gifting us with so many luxuries .Maybe I could use this experience in my class by respecting my elders more - Supriya Dadi  
 
On the 20th of August, my classmates and I visited Vivekananda Vidyalaya. I planned to teach the students English and Math. When we stepped in their school, I saw a lot of kids rushing into their classes. I was assigned to teach Grade 1 along with my friend- Pooja. We taught them pronunciation of the letters of the alphabet and art too.  I developed new skills and also undertook a new challenge of teaching. This activity benefited all the students there as they could develop their English and also learn more about Math. My friends Pooja and Supriya helped me think about my learning and gave me ideas which would be fun for me and the students. Next time I would like to improve on the teaching skills I applied. I have learnt that there are a lot of issues in our local community, in their school there was no light in the classroom and it was very crowded in there. This experience would help me in other difficulties I have. Also if I ever again visit a school then this experience would surely support me and give me more confidence - Vedika Bansal
 
Today I went to Vivekananda Vidyalaya. I was planning to play a cricket match with my classmates against the other school.  In the cricket match we batted first. I did not get to bat but I got to Field. This activity benefited the kids by letting them have fun. The outcome was that we won. We had a few difficulties like the part where one of our best batters got out, so we overcame that by making our next batter try harder. We all developed a positive attitude when we won or when we got someone out. Next time we should let everybody bat instead of one person batting the whole time because they didn't get out. Some issues are that the kids there have to walk on a road to get to the ground. I can apply these situations like when somebody wants to coach someone about a sport - Nikhil Sirivolu










No comments:

Post a Comment